How to Grow Hair Faster Naturally Slow hair growth is a genuine concern for women and men of all ages. Fortunately though, longer, faster-growing hair is achievable with patience and proper care of your hair. However, growing long hair takes a commitment because it won't happen overnight – especially if you're losing hair.
Assuming you are experiencing hair loss, and are also taking new medication, consult with your physician about the side effects of the medication you are prescribed. Sudden changes in your eating habits can also cause hair loss, but the effects are not permanent, and your hair will go back to normal with time .
Sudden weight loss
One more thing to keep in mind is that hair can become damaged by over-styling it with heat tools, teasing too frequently, over-shampooing, extended sun exposure, and improper hair care. Now that we've covered all of the basics of hair loss/damage, here are some tips for how you can grow hair faster .
Faster Hair Growth Tips for Men & Women :
- One of the myths surrounding fast hair growth is that you have to get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks. In reality, you only need to get your hair trimmed if you have split ends, otherwise it won't make your hair grow faster. You can even trim split ends yourself if you feel comfortable enough doing so. As soon as you see split ends popping up in your hair, take scissors and snip them off.
- Your hair is the most vulnerable when it's wet, so keep yourself from twisting hair or rubbing vigorously with a towel; instead, pat hair with a towel. You can also lean so that your hair is to one side, and then squeeze it with a towel to remove the moisture .
- When you comb your hair after a shower or bath, use a large tooth comb or pick; begin at your ends, working your way up to the roots. Since wet hair is so fragile, you should avoid being rough with your hair. With that being said, you should avoid going to sleep with wet hair to keep it from breaking .
- When you're brushing your dry hair, use a boar bristle brush. Along with this, flip your hair upside down to brush; this stimulates your scalp and hair follicles, and moves the natural oils down your hair shaft .
- Wash your hair less frequently so that the oils your body naturally produces can moisturize it. You should also use cool water to rinse your hair after both shampooing and conditioning. This helps to keep hair shiny for longer periods of time without the use of shine sprays. The average person should wash their hair every other day or less; also note that dry shampoos are a good alternative to washing daily .
- Conditioners should always be used after each shampoo so that the nutrients can be replenished. Avoid applying conditioner to your scalp, and rinse the conditioner completely out of your hair. Leave conditioner on your hair for one or two minutes before rinsing .
Recipes to Make Your Hair Grow FasterHomemade hair masks and rinses are often the best treatments for getting long hair fast. Simple and effective recipes you can make in your own kitchen are made with easy-to-find ingredients like eggs, bananas, olive oil and honey. Here are some recipes for you to try at home .
- Gather an egg, banana, one teaspoon of honey, a teaspoon of milk, and five teaspoons of olive oil. If you're not able to use olive oil, you can replace this with any oil you have on hand. Mix the ingredients up well, and then massage the mask onto your scalp and hair. Leave the mask on your hair for 25 minutes before you shampoo and condition.
- For a conditioning mask that keeps your hair healthy, combine equal parts honey to olive oil, and then massage onto the hair and scalp. You will leave the mask on for about 25 minutes before shampooing and conditioning as usual .
- Strawberries aren't only good in pie! Blend an egg yolk, two tablespoons of olive oil, and one cup of strawberries together in a food processor. Apply it to your entire head of hair, and soak for 15 minutes before continuing your normal shampoo and conditioning routine .
- Organic hair rinses like those made with equal parts water and apple cider vinegar will clear any residue left over from shampoos, conditioners or hair products. By using these, you will also remove dead skin, and promote hair growth by removing the debris around the hair follicles .
- A hot oil treatment from a salon or at home will improve blood circulation for healthy hair growth. To begin, heat the oil of your choice in the microwave for 35 seconds. Massage your scalp for a few minutes with olive oil, castor oil, rosemary oil, coconut oil, or even vegetable oil. Massage for a few minutes, and then shampoo and condition as usual .
Lifestyle Factors for Hair Growth
- What you eat plays a large part in how your hair looks, feels, and most importantly, it affects the overall health of your body. Foods that encourage hair growth are salmon, beans such as lentils and kidney beans, and green vegetables like broccoli and spinach; these foods should be incorporated into your diet on a regular basis .
- Other foods that are great for long, healthy hair are bell peppers, lettuce, milk, avocados, yogurt, whole grains, strawberries, apricots, seeds and nuts. If you're not able to eat these items for any reason, use dietary supplements in exchange. Be sure to consult your doctor before beginning a new dieting plan – especially if you already take medication or are pregnant .
- Exercise is often overlooked by men and women who want long hair. The benefits of getting just 25 minutes of any exercise will increase your mood, and decrease stress that causes hair loss. You will also experience better rest at night because exercising every morning allows your body to burn calories more efficiently. In many cases, hair loss can occur when someone is sleep-deprived or depressed .
- Overall, the biggest concept needed to grow long hair faster is to be realistic. After all, the average person sees hair grow only half of an inch every 30 days. So the best way to grow your hair faster is to maintain a positive attitude, and treat your hair gently without using a cabinet full of products and hair styling tool .